[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4543 Design

JerryGauth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 12:50:58 EDT 2007

Just to document what I found -

The original discussion of JBMICROCONT-192 suggested that a "name-method" attribute would be used to expose the bean name.  It appears that this was either not implemented or was rolled back.  The bean name is available using "inject fromContext".

For example, adding the following to the HASingletonDeployer bean will cause the bean name to be injected into serviceHAName.

It looks like the version of jboss-kernel.jar containing this support hasn't been updated in the repository yet.  I built the jar from latest microcontainer source and confirmed that this technique works for HAServiceMBeanSupport.

Once the jar is available, I'll modify deploy-hasingleton-beans.xml to use this capability.  If annotation support subsequently becomes available, I'll revisit the issue as it might be preferable to handle this in the base class rather than in the configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067111#4067111

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067111