[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: JBMICROCONT-181 & ManagedDeployments

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 10:31:08 EDT 2007

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : For the ha datasource URLDeliimeter property, its is a new datasource type that does effectively need some synchronization with the admin tool as there can be a lot of hidden complexity in the list of jdbc urls in terms of a tool providing testing to ping the indicated databases. Arguably this also requires a new multi-valued jdbc url property rather than a separator that is used in combination with the old jdbc url. How we deal with this type of evolution best is the question.

That's exacly my point. The underlying model is a connection-url and a delimiter.
It has to be that way because it is configuring an MCF which can only take strings
and primitives as parameters.

We could at some future time decide that really this should be a exposed as
one mangaged property that is an array or list.

The underlying model doesn't change, but what appears in the management
layer (and to the user) is easier to understand.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068227#4068227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068227