[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: JBMICROCONT-181 & ManagedDeployments

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 10:35:48 EDT 2007

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote :
  | 1) The AbstractManagedObjectFactory.buildManagedObject(Class) method always produces a ManagedObject. If an attachment class does not have a ManagementObject annotation I don't think we should as a loop over all DeploymentUnit attachments is going to have too many ManagementObjects.

Ok, that's probably just a mistake because the code is incomplete?

  | 2) We can't adequately describe the ManagedProperty constraints (allowed values, min/max) via annotations. It seems we need something like a ManagedPropertyConstraintsPopulator:

I think we can in most cases, but when we can't your idea looks a good one.
Just as long as it isn't an all or nothing. i.e. you can use it to override
just one property where the annotations are currently inadequete
rather than having to recode everything.

anonymous wrote :

  |   | interface ManagedPropertyConstraintsPopulator
  |   | {
  |   |    /** Populate the ManagedProperty fields constraint related info
  |   |    */
  |   |    populateManagedProperty(Class attachmentClass, PropertyInfo info, Fields fields);
  |   | }
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068229#4068229

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068229