[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Failure handling

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 14:47:38 EDT 2007

I'm thinking of a scenario of asynchronous continuations that travel over JMS.  I don't see a way of handling a transaction rollback and transitioning to a new state based on that event.  Yes, jBPM has exception handlers, but these seem to run within the JTA transaction started by the command service MDB.  Since this transaction would be rolling back you wouldn't be able to transition out of that state, right?  Or am i missing something fundamentral?

So, what I'm saying is, shouldn't there be the ability to rollback the transaction, catch that, then transition to a failure state?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069320#4069320

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069320