[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: Component Proposal - Configurable Service Locator

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 11:32:53 EDT 2007

Going to bring this one back and continue development looking forward.

I'm looking to limit the scope (for this first phase) of this component to the following points, which I find lacking in the JEE5 Spec for Application Clients.  Eventually I'd like to work this into the Client Container/Deployer as a JBoss extension to the spec - I'm not looking to compete, but enhance.

* Support N Remote Hosts

* Provide programmatic access to remote services/beans (non-injected)

* Allow lookup outside of "main" class

anonymous wrote : EE9.4, Second Paragraph:
  | Injection is also supported for the application client main class.

* Allow runtime lookup

anonymous wrote : EE9.4, Second Paragraph:
  | Injection occurs before the main method is called.

* Provide caching facility for non-SFSB

* Dont restrict to "java:" namespace

anonymous wrote : EE9.4, First Paragraph:
  | Application clients use the java: JNDI namespace to access these items.

The moving parts I'm proposing and will be working on:

Client-side Library

Will be charged with:

* Performing lookups
* Caching
* Requesting of the configured hosts which services are available

This is currently being re-written from a working implementation I've been using for the past year or so, and is housed in "projects/ejb3/trunk/locator".  There is no formal build or POM as it stands, but I'll be adding these shortly when things are more stable and the refactoring has progressed.

EJB3Registrar

I believe this speaks to Bill's points about determining JNDI bindings, but also addresses a cross-reference to the business interfaces implemented by the EJB.  Will be implemented as a POJO and deployed in ejb3-deployers-beans.xml; also to be exposed as an MBean for outside access.

Integration

On successful deployment of an EJB3 Deployable Unit (in "deploy" of EJBStage2Deployer?) , register with the new EJB3Registrar the EJBContainer and draw relationships between the implemented business interfaces and the resultant JNDI Addresses.  Haven't fleshed this out yet.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086199#4086199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086199