[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting

Jan Snelders do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 11 19:23:34 EDT 2012

Jan Snelders [https://community.jboss.org/people/snelders] created the discussion

"Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/723073#723073

Jason or Anil, is it possible to give an example on how this module="" attribute is actually supposed to be used. I have no idea.

I tried the following in the standalone.xml:

<security-domain name="MyCustomSecurityDomain" cache-type="default">
    <authentication>
        <login-module code="com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule" flag="required" module="SecurityModule.jar.com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule">
            <module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/>
        </login-module>
    </authentication>
</security-domain>

(Adding the module to jboss_install_dir/modules/org/jboss/as/remoting/main and modifying the module.xml file at the same path works indeed as Daniel Jipa pointed out (Thanks). It's however not the most elegant solution of course but at least a workaround to continue coding.)

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]