[JBoss-dev] AOP 2.0 alpha with dependencies

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Tue Aug 1 04:40:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to release an AOP 2.0.alpha1 for a customer. I've got some questions
wrt what goes into the release, since AOP now has a stronger coupling on the
container part of the MC project, which it uses a snapshot for currently. It
also uses a snapshot of javassist, and to get the MC working with
jboss-retro on JDK 1.4 I needed to make some changes to jboss retro which is
also currently in snapshot status.

So I will need:
-a MC 2.0.alpha1
-javassist 3.3.0.GA
-jboss retro 1.0.2.GA

One issue is that Jboss 4.0.x already comes with a jboss-bean.deployer,
which I will probably need to replace to make sure that the AOP alpha works
with the correct MC jars. The MC project is now largely JDK 5, so I will
need to create a retroed jboss-bean14.deployer as well. I have got the
container part working on jdk 1.4/retro, but will need to get the kernel,
dependency and aop-mc-int projects working with JDK 1.4/retro too.

Adrian:
Do you see any problems with an MC 2.0.alpha1 at this stage? It probably
doesn't need to be a full-blown release, just something tagged in cvs and
available in the repository?

Chiba:
I think we are ready for javassist 3.3.0.GA?

I have a bit more work to do before I can create these releases

Kabir