[JBoss-dev] Rebuildable jbossall-client.jar

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Thu Aug 24 11:19:37 EDT 2006

The jboss-allclient.jar in its current form is just a broken concept to
simplify client classpaths. Without an expression of installer artifacts
like client jars, its not maintainable. This is the direction Alex
Pinkin is working on. Ultimately a jbossas build defines its component
dependencies and each component has an installer descriptor that defines
the types of installer elements relative to the standard binary
distribution structure (client jars, server jars, deployments, docs,
examples, ...) and this is used to build either the zip distribution or
installer. This replaces the current build-distr.xml script that is not
being kept up to date.