[JBoss-dev] Test Subversion Repository now live

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Sat Jul 15 05:07:19 EDT 2006

Hi all,

is the migration to SVN a done deal ? I just finished the SVN book, and
I must say, I'm not impressed. Okay, it has some features that make it
better than CVS, but IMO that doesn't warrant a migration to SVN yet.
Maybe it's just me, but I live happily with CVS, especially with the
tool support I have (e.g. IntelliJ).

Flames please to /dev/null, plus I'm on vacation now .. :-) No,
seriously, what are the compelling benefits of SVN that force us to
migrate to it ?

Ruel Loehr wrote:

> As we discussed on the QA call Thursday, we have setup a test svn
> repository for JBossAS. This is a snapshot of the source contained in
> cvs, is only for testing purposes, and will ultimately be discarded.
> This repository will allow developers a chance to checkout branches
> needed for development, look at their projects, get familiar with
> subversion, look for any issues and to test their login privileges
> prior to our final migration.
>
> The root of this repository is:
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/mutated/
>
> I’ve setup some getting started instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SubversionMigrationGuide
>
> This guide will walk you through the intial steps of how to perform
> common scm task using subversion.
>
> The initial repository load consists of the main JBoss development
> branches and tags. We are currently working to add the service branches.
>
> We’ll be discussing this further on the R&D call on Tuesday.
>
> Ruel Loehr
>
> JBoss QA

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Manager JBoss Clustering Group
JBoss - a division of Red Hat