[jboss-dev] Handling of unpacked wars

Darran Lofthouse dlofthouse at redhat.com
Sun Nov 12 12:12:16 EST 2006

The changes this weekend to AbstractWarDeployer to expand all wars
stopped web services from being deployed.

The JBossWS deployer is called first and creates an exploded war so that
the web.xml can be modified.  The recent changes the AbstractWarDeployer
created a new exploded war and it was this that was used for deploying
the web application without the modified web.xml.

I understand the unpacking in AbstractWarDeployer is only temporary
until Tomcat can use the VFS so I have added a check to see if JBossWS
has already unpacked the war and if so use that instead of creating a
new one.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.