[jboss-dev] Re: Fwd: AS 5 Beta 2 Discussion

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Tue Nov 28 12:54:11 EST 2006

Additional items:

1. Synchronization between jbossas5, jbossas4.2. Primarily this is a
function of ejb3 support and what refactoring we need to do to support
ejb3 effectively on both platforms.
2. A related issue is alignment on jboss-remoting transports. There was
a jira issue to make the pooled invoker the default. The real question
is why don't we move to the unified invoker based on remoting to align
the transports between 4.2/5/ejb3.
3. Dependencies on jbossas artifacts. As project are split out from the
jbossas codebase, there are dependencies on jbossas integration points
that have not been well defined. These need to be defined and proper
artifacts created.
4. We need the some insight into the metadata refactoring/repository
work Adrian is doing as this affects deployer refactoring as well as the
profile service.