[jboss-dev] Re: Fwd: AS 5 Beta 2 Discussion

Tom Elrod tom at jboss.org
Tue Nov 28 13:39:50 EST 2006

> 2. A related issue is alignment on jboss-remoting transports. There was
> a jira issue to make the pooled invoker the default. The real question
> is why don't we move to the unified invoker based on remoting to align
> the transports between 4.2/5/ejb3.

I was thinking the main reason we didn't switch to using unified
invokers for 4.x was due to needing to update docs and training
materials (since config would be completely different).  However, if
this is not an issue and would prefer to switch default to be unified
invoker for 4.2, the change to standardjboss.xml, jboss-service.xml, and
cluster-service.xml is simple (but still have the issue of where else
needs to be changed, such as client user tx, testsuite, jmx invoker, etc.).