[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 12 10:29:26 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 9:18 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:

>> Projects like OpenSAML2 have started to use slf4j.  If we are going
>> integrate OSS projects, we have to provide support for their logging
>> choices.  JBoss Logging provides the best abstraction at the moment.
>
> Sure, but we could also try influencing their choices as well.
Try to influence, sure.  But as I mentioned on the last thread (where
we discussed this same stuff), it is exceedingly arrogant to think
that you are going to affect a change in how all OSS projects do
logging just because you prefer one way or another.

By the nature of the game, containers are simply going to have to deal
with the consolidating logging from its bundled components through
various logging mechanisms.