[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Sacha Labourey sacha.labourey at jboss.com
Wed Dec 12 11:10:07 EST 2007

so, IF (and only IF), it is really possible to write a JUL logger that
has NO bug (i.e. exhibit no of the bugs Adrian is referring to - which
is something that still needs to be proved), then why don't we:
  - move to JUL
  - provide a default JUL logger that implements the actual JBoss logic i.e.
		if (system property set)
		   use implementation of system property
		else if (log4j in classpath)
		   use log4j
		else
		   don't log

That way, we don't need an additional meta-framework but instead we
provide a logger that gives us flexibility. Again, only if this is
possible in a bug-free way ("bug-free" is a trademark of "JustDream, Inc.")