[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Scott M Stark sstark at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 15:00:50 EST 2007

The main problem I have had with JUL integration in the past is that it
requires hooking into the core configuration at the extension classpath
level. I had to replace the JUL manager to allow for configurations that
loaded loggers from application/thread context class loaders. Not that
this is hard, its just something that has to be part of the server
bootstrap process rather than something that can be done via late binding.

Its been a while since I looked at integration though. With the other
mega-thread about i18n/JUL integration, we need some tasks to
investigate what we can/want to do in terms of allowing seamless
integration from framework JUL usage to be mapped to server loggers, and
what the jboss logging spi is.