[jboss-dev] AS Beta3 - Release Notes

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 14:34:16 EST 2007

Here's a wiki page:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossAS5ClusteringChanges

If you want bullets instead for the biggest ones:

* Clustering configurations have been organized in the deploy dir in a
new "cluster" subfolder. (JBAS-4709)
* Separate cache used for Clustered SSO. (JBAS-4676)
* Use of JGroups 2.6.1.GA and JBoss Cache 2.1.0.CR2.
* Use of the JGroups Multiplexer to permit sharing of channels between
services. AS 5 provides a channel factory service, deployed in the
{{{deploy/jgroups-channelfactory.sar}}}; standard AS services obtain
their JGroups channel from this factory.  Factory parses the
{{{META-INF/multiplexer-stacks.xml}}} file, which includes various
standard JGroups configurations identified by name (e.g "udp" or "tcp").
Services needing a channel access the channel factory and ask for a
channel with a particular name. If multiple services (e.g. web session
replication and EJB3 SFSB replication) ask for a channel with the same
name, they will transparently share the same underlying JGroups channel.
See
http://www.jgroups.org/javagroupsnew/docs/manual/html/user-advanced.html#d0e2203
for more on the JGroups multiplexer.