[jboss-dev] JAXB Generated Classes with target 2.0

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 14:28:43 EDT 2007

Anil is refering to the JAXB API version, not the schema version. JAXB
is backwards compatible with older versions, it just means that it wont
generate references to classes in newer versions of JAXB.

As to compatibility on schema updates, if you change the schema in a
backwards compatible way its not a problem.

-Jason

Adrian wrote:
> Yuck! Don't you have a create a whole new set of packages/classes for
> ever change in the namespace/version?
>
> Or has JAXB fixed that now?
>
> How's anybody else supposed to programmatically use
> your metadata if the classes change name with every release?
>
> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 12:26 -0500, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> If any of the projects are exploring JAXB2 generated classes, then I
>> think it is advisable to set the target to be "2.0" such that the
>> generated classes can be usable with JAXB2.0.x and none of the JAXB2.1
>> leakages occur.  I think JDK6 includes JAXB2.0.x
>>
>> I am no expert on JAXB2. But saw this while using the xjc command line
>> tool.

Jason T. Greene
Lead, POJO Cache