[jboss-dev] jboss 5 dependencies

Tim Fox tim.fox at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 09:42:39 EST 2007

Going back to the original point after our fun digression :) ...

The integration layer is great, and it seems we're already using it in
all but one places (Andy has just checked).

But, in order to run out test suite we need, we need to start up a
microcontainer instance with JBM, transactions, JNDI etc running it.

JBM requires all those things - clearly our _runtime_ has no
dependencies on concrete implementations, but for testing we need
concrete implementations so we can run our tests, so we still need them
exported from AS via the repository, like is done for AS 4.2.x

And, I beg you... don't suggest rewriting out test suite to work with
mock versions of the dependencies.... (We had this conversation before).

BTW sorry for calling you and Adrian AI's, you know we love you really :)