[jboss-dev] AS5.x, AS6 roadmaps

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 14:31:18 EST 2008

Restraining myself from commenting on the silliness of calling it
"Branch_anything" when it's already in the branches/ dir...

I think that if there's going to be 6.0 work starting now, then 6.0 should
be in the trunk and there should be a 5.x branch from that which acts as
trunk-for-5.x, and then a branch for 5.0 from 5.x once work on 5.1 is to
start, etc.

It's just like any regular project except there's one extra level of
branches; any general bugfix should go trunk -> 5.x -> 5.0/5.1/whatever the
current release branch is.  Any bugfix or feature that is intended only for
5.x (e.g. would be redundant in 6.0) would go in the 5.x branch and
possibly merged from there into 5.0/5.1/etc.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

- DML