[jboss-dev] JIRA housekeeping and component tracking

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 07:25:59 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 17:04 +0200, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> I would also like to propose that we introduce a new JIRA type next to 'feature', 'bug',
> etc. called e.g. 'Component Upgrade' to mark those JIRA tasks. By doing so, the component
> upgrades:

Making "Component Upgrade" a subtask makes sense for gather things,
together under one issue, but it doesn't appear in the release notes.

I've created a top level issue type "Thirdparty Changes"
such that you can more easily locate the changes in the release notes.

e.g.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310060&styleName=Html&version=12311604

I guess people could just create individual tasks of
"Thirdparty Changes" as well.
Which some might prefer since it lists each change in the
release notes directly (thus making them look more impressive :-)
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock