[jboss-dev] hibernate 3.3.0 upgrade, slf4j introduction into jbossas

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon May 5 12:39:58 EDT 2008

<quote>
The world if bigger than Hibernate
</quote>

True, and you know what... the word is bigger than JBoss AS.  As I
have mentioned numerous times, it is extremely arrogant and "ivory
tower"-ish to expect all libraries you want to consume into AS to
comply with your logging requirement.

And honestly, this whole thread shows the issues with attempting to
integrate with AS imo.  Namely almost a year ago I cam on this list
and asked about this very thing we are now disucssing.  And none of
you wanted to discuss it (oh some came and gave their opinions on
topics other than the question asked, sure...).  Yet here y'all are a
year later willing to discuss it and chastized me and so on and so
forth.  An ounce of prevention...  But no (and not to single *you*
out, though you certainly fall into this) you'd rather bash people
after the fact as opposed to discuss before hand and come to a
consensus.  And *thats* why this is so frustrating.