[jboss-dev] hibernate 3.3.0 upgrade, slf4j introduction into jbossas

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon May 5 15:12:23 EDT 2008

I understand what you are saying.  I really do. (and I understand you
were trying to be enabling last time).

  So let me ask you this.  Take a look at the growing list of projects
using slf4j.  What happens when y'all want to bundle one of them that
does not have close ties to JBoss?  Are you going to demand that they
use jboss-logging?  Are you going to refuse to use it and rewrite that
functionality when they say "thanks but no thanks"?  What about other
common libraries?  CGIB?  I agreed to allow Javassist to be used for
Hibernate's bytecode manipulation requirements because it made
*technical* sense.  But this logging discussion seems oddly very un-
technical.