[jboss-dev] improving AS boot time

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed May 21 05:47:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 12:02 +0300, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> For the VFS part I created a JIRA to look into optimizing the hotspots
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-26

I started a seperate thread on optimizing the VFS PathTokernizer, here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152255#4152255
but like you say that is just a symptom of an increased number
(doubling) of invocations to VirtualFile.getChild(ren) somewhere.

It would be interesting to get a similar breakdown of the
difference of who invokes those methods between beta4 and now.
NOTE: in beta4 it was probably called findChild()?
NOTE 2: I'm also not assuming that beta4 is in some way optimal in its
previous usage of the VFS. ;-)
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock