[jboss-dev] improving AS boot time

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Wed May 21 05:02:23 EDT 2008

Stale was looking at hotspots in AS bootstrap here:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5224

It seems the increase in AS boot time is not caused by AOP but by the increase in the number
of calls to VFS, and I believe increased metadata processing.

For the VFS part I created a JIRA to look into optimizing the hotspots
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-26

AOP is looking in optimizing pointcut  matching:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=135425

But we need to find more hotspots that could be optimized.

Ideally, optimization should come last, after all major refactorings are over, but it's good
to know where we stand.

Cheers
/D