[jboss-dev] Re: VFS 2.0.0.CR1

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:54:22 EDT 2008

> Tomcat uses the VFS right now (through a dir context implementation,
> which was very easy to do). The VFS would need an optional case
> sensitivity option (which would default to case insensitive, and would
> probably do nothing expect if based on straight files). The best way
> to implement it is normally to compare the path that is requested with
> the canonical path of the file (you already quoted the code in the
> forum topic). I think moving Tomcat away from the VFS would be bad.

Remy, are there some Tomcat (TC) tests that already address this issue?
I'll try and port the work done in TC to VFS, but I also don't want to
invent new tests if they already exist.

 > Another option would be to see if it is possible to hack something in
 > the VFS dir context implementation that Tomcat uses (I'll look at the
 > API that is exposed to see if it is possible).

I think this should be in VFS, since TC is probably not gonna be the
only one that will face this issue (or is already facing it).