[jboss-dev] Re: Change groupId for integration modules

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Fri May 30 14:02:17 EDT 2008

After upgrading the integration modules, there are now compile errors in ejb3.
Looks like this is because the
org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver has changed and is now
defined in two places, in the server module of AS and in the deployment-spi
module of integration.  I'm guessing that the calls from the ejb3 module need to
be updated, and the package org.jboss.deployment.spi should be removed from the
app server.
Should I change these calls?  Or revert back to the beta release of integration?

compile-classes:
     [mkdir] Created dir: /home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/output/classes
     [javac] Compiling 33 source files to
/home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/output/classes
     [javac]
/home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/src/main/org/jboss/ejb3/deployers/JBoss5DeploymentScope.java:162:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method
getEndpointInfo(java.lang.Class,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: interface org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver
     [javac]       EndpointInfo endpoint =
endpointResolver.getEndpointInfo(businessIntf, EndpointType.EJB, vfsContext);
     [javac]                                               ^
     [javac]
/home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/src/main/org/jboss/ejb3/deployers/JBoss5DeploymentScope.java:198:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method
getEndpointInfo(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: interface org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver
     [javac]       EndpointInfo endpoint =
endpointResolver.getEndpointInfo(ejbLink, EndpointType.EJB, vfsContext);
     [javac]                                               ^
     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
     [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.