[jboss-dev] Re: Change groupId for integration modules

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri May 30 14:43:37 EDT 2008

Let's revert AS back to the Beta of the integration modules, and then I
can play with the CR1 release locally until the build works.

Paul's taking care of that revert now, and I'll upgrade AS again once
I've got the build working locally.

S,
ALR

Paul Gier wrote:
> After upgrading the integration modules, there are now compile errors in
> ejb3. Looks like this is because the
> org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver has changed and is
> now defined in two places, in the server module of AS and in the
> deployment-spi module of integration.  I'm guessing that the calls from
> the ejb3 module need to be updated, and the package
> org.jboss.deployment.spi should be removed from the app server.
> Should I change these calls?  Or revert back to the beta release of
> integration?
>

> compile-classes:
>     [mkdir] Created dir:
> /home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/output/classes
>     [javac] Compiling 33 source files to
> /home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/output/classes
>     [javac]
> /home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/src/main/org/jboss/ejb3/deployers/JBoss5DeploymentScope.java:162:
> cannot find symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : method
> getEndpointInfo(java.lang.Class,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
>     [javac] location: interface
> org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver
>     [javac]       EndpointInfo endpoint =
> endpointResolver.getEndpointInfo(businessIntf, EndpointType.EJB,
> vfsContext);
>     [javac]                                               ^
>     [javac]
> /home/pgier/projects_as/jbossas/ejb3/src/main/org/jboss/ejb3/deployers/JBoss5DeploymentScope.java:198:
> cannot find symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : method
> getEndpointInfo(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
>     [javac] location: interface
> org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentEndpointResolver
>     [javac]       EndpointInfo endpoint =
> endpointResolver.getEndpointInfo(ejbLink, EndpointType.EJB, vfsContext);
>     [javac]                                               ^
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>

> Paul Gier wrote:
>> I have released the AS integration project 5.0.0.CR1 with the new
>> groupId.  The app server build is now using the new groupId and is set
>> to exclude the artifacts with old one.  Please update your poms where
>> appropriate.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Paul Gier wrote:
>>> I am planning to change the maven groupId for the integration
>>> subprojects.  So these  dependencies will change:
>>> org.jboss:jboss-classloading-spi
>>> org.jboss:jboss-corba-ots-spi
>>> org.jboss:jboss-transaction-spi
>>>
>>> Instead of org.jboss the groupId will become org.jboss.integration
>>> for the CR1 release tomorrow.  In addition, two new modules will have
>>> the new groupId:
>>> org.jboss.integration:jboss-deployment-spi
>>> org.jboss.integration:jboss-jca-spi
>>>
>>> This will make deployment a little cleaner in the maven repository.
>>> I would like all jboss projects to follow the groupId
>>> org.jboss.<project>
>>> or