[jboss-dev] web profile in jboss5?

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 08:52:55 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 14:53 +0100, Ales Justin wrote:
> > That's nothing like as easy as modifying your deployment
> > to add an e.g. META-INF/jboss-scanning.xml
>
> By default we should still scan everything,
> as users mostly expect that things just work, no extra dds.

That's funny, because I wouldn't expect jbossweb.sar
(which is the webserver) to be scanned for javaee annotations?

> I can add this, but I doubt it's gonna be widely used.
> Perhaps the .sar example you gave earlier.

If we get the defaults correct, then maybe 5% will use it.
Probably mainly as an optimization for large deployments where
only a few jars need to be scanned
or only a few classes within a large jar?

> How exactly do you get this kind of info from ejb-jar.xml or web.xml?

RTFS (read the fine spec :-)

> --> let's move this discussion to the forum ...

I'm not really that interested in the discussion beyond removing
~10 seconds of useless waiting everytime I reboot JBoss5.

The rest of the discussion is just about how simple/intuitive
you can make it (I mean for the user/admin rather than yourself :-).

> > Also how do you override the rules from the
> > profile service/management console?
> > e.g. I only want to scan one jar in my big archive.
>
> By adding predetermined DU filter attachment + proper delegate DU filter
> on AnnEnvDeployer?

Is that a managed object?
Do I have to know how the filter is implemented or can I just declare
which jars (classes?) get scanned for this deployment?