[jboss-dev] New Break the Build Policy - testsuite - discussion

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 12:02:08 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:17 -0500, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> The thing I want to emphasize is that the burden should be on the
> breaker, not the one who reverts the patch, to do the extra branching and
> testing and so on.

Amen to that. :-)

I'd even go further. If there are multiple commits that are rolled back
because we don't know which one broke things, then once we find out
who it broke it, they should have to re-apply the patches for those
other innocent bystanders.

But then can we trust a serial build breaker to reapply somebody
else's patches correctly? ;-)