[jboss-dev] JBoss Bootstrap, Embedded & Reloaded

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel.bernard at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 05:43:45 EDT 2009

I don't have a problem with staged work but from hat I have seen we
add even more XML where there were plenty of it already.

I really really really would like to get to a /default/ no XML / no
config mode where things are scanned in my unit test CP and deployed.
If config is needed (maybe datasource), a trivially simple
programmatic API could be used. We could almost do something like

@Test
@JBossEmbedded(config=TestConfig.class)
public void testMyApp() {
     JBossEmbeddable container = JBossEmbeddable.start(); //read
config from the caller annotation
     container.stop();
}

But again, I wish there was a central point for all these discussions.