[Fwd: [jboss-dev] Maven and non-existent versions of jboss-cache artifacts]

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 08:04:10 EST 2009

Forwarding to jbosscache-dev at lists.jboss.org.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [jboss-dev] Maven and non-existent versions of jboss-cache
artifacts
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 05:54:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Juraci Costa <jcosta at redhat.com>
To: JBoss.org development list <jboss-development at lists.jboss.org>

All,

Is there anything I can read about how we publish artifacts to the main
maven repository and maybe suggest some change to that? I'm asking that
because it is not the first time I see a mismatch between version
numbers in the public maven repository. So, if we follow some guide when
publishing it to the main repository, we need to make certain to not use
SNAPSHOT (which are temporal, AFAIK), and use GA's instead.

Example:
Hibernate tag 3.3.1.GA points to jbosscache-core 2.1.1.GA
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/tags/hibernate-3.3.1.GA/cache-jbosscache2/pom.xml

JBoss Cache core 2.1.1.GA says that its parent is
jbosscache-common-parent 1.3-SNAPSHOT
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/cache/jbosscache-core/2.1.1.GA/jbosscache-core-2.1.1.GA.pom

But it doesn't exists. Only 1.3 or 1.4 are available.
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/cache/jbosscache-common-parent/

To fix a local build, I can change my local jbosscache-core-2.1.1.GA.pom
to point to jbosscache-common-parent 1.3 or 1.4, but we would also need
to change it on our Hudson machines. Although possible, this sounds
wrong, as the builds should be reproducible without manual changes to
the environment :-)

- Juca.

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer