[jboss-dev] Include Web Beans RI in next JBoss 5 release

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 12:07:55 EST 2009

I must say I'm enjoying this discussion :)

I think the answer is simple, really. If we want to:

(a) respect our versioning strategy (major/minor/point)
(b) speed up the release cycle

then we need to push features to minor releases. Project leads will always want to include
their latest stuff to whichever is the next AS release, the reason being we didn't respect
both (a) & (b) in the past. And I have too many stories to tell of "smallish" changes with
cascading dependencies or causing unpredictable results.

As it is now Branch_5_0 looks pretty stable testsuite/tck-wise and that makes my life a lot
easier if I want to make the release date, so why risk breaking it?

Besides 5.1 shouldn't be far way, end of February most probably. And if you are too eager to
integrate, perform your work in Branch_5_x/trunk, then test against 5.0.x and release the
webbeans deployer independently.

Exception to the rules will always be, but let's try to stick to the rule first :)