[jboss-dev] JBoss Embedded Integration TestSuite

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 10:12:39 EDT 2009

On 10/16/2009 07:59 AM, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> I've tried to follow the instructions on the wiki page and 'mvn install'
> in embedded fails on WinXP when trying to run
> org.jboss.embedded.testsuite.ServerTestCase.
>
> What happens there is the server runs out of heap memory.
>
> Where are the memory settings controlled when launching the server and
> are those different on U*nix/Windoze?

Interesting.  I'd run into this:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EMB-41

...so my solution was to bump the heap when Surefire was launched by
adding an argLine to the config:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/embedded/trunk/build/pom.xml

I've also noticed that when running within the Eclipse JUnit runner,
using JDK6/i586 worked with no additional heap settings needed, while
JDK6/x86_64 (same minor/patch versions) failed.

S,
ALR

--
Andrew Lee Rubinger