[jboss-dev] Disabling Bean Validation JNDI binder deployer in 5.2 Beta

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 16:08:53 EDT 2009

The big reason for this is to allow user deployments to do their own
validation, and they don't typically have access to the DeploymentUnit.

Even though the location will change in the final version, doesn't it
seem worth keeping, so that folks can try out BV?

If the bug isnt a simple fix, and it only affects ws dynamic endpoints
then I don't see it as a beta release blocker.

Stan Silvert wrote:
> The simplest way to solve the issue below is to just disable the
> ValidatorFactoryJndiBinderDeployer.
>
> I've been thinking that using this deployer is probably the wrong way to
> go.  Originally, it was supposed to put a bean validator factory into
> the deployment's java:comp context, as required by the JEE6 spec.  But
> when this deployer runs, that context isn't available yet.  So the best
> it could do was to bind it to global JNDI and hope that some later code
> could bind it to the right place.  But that "later code" can just as
> easily get its reference from the DeploymentUnit.
>
> So right now it creates a global JNDI reference for each deployment
> under BeanValidatorFactories/<deployment simple name>.  We know this is
> wrong and I don't think anyone is relying on the global JNDI reference,
> BUT IF YOU ARE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
>
> To be clear, the ValidatorFactoryDeployer that puts the factory into the
> DeploymentUnit will still do its job.  It's just that I want to get rid
> of this failed attempt to satisfy the JNDI requirement.  There are a
> couple of ways to actually satisfy it, and I expect to do this post-beta.
>
> Stan
>
> Richard Opalka (JIRA) wrote:
>>      [ https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7384?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]
>>
>> Richard Opalka reassigned JBAS-7384:
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>>     Assignee: Stan Silvert  (was: Ales Justin)
>>

>> Reassigning to Stan (he's repsonsible for BV code)
>>

>>> org.jboss.test.webservice.endpoint.EndpointTestCase fails because of beanvalidation deployer
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>                 Key: JBAS-7384
>>>             Project: JBoss Application Server
>>>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>>>      Security Level: Public(Everyone can see)
>>>          Components: Web Services
>>>            Reporter: Shelly McGowan
>>>            Assignee: Stan Silvert
>>>             Fix For: JBossAS-5.2.0.Beta1
>>>

>>> These newly added tests are failing.  Filing to track.
>>> testWSDLAccess:
>>> javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to resolve imported document at &apos;http://localhost:8080/jaxws-endpoint?wsdl&apos;.: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This file was not found: http://localhost:8080/jaxws-endpoint?wsdl
>>> testClientAccess:
>>> javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.io.IOException: Could not transmit message
>>> Caused by: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Invalid HTTP server response [404] - Not Found
>>> testServletAccess:
>>> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/jaxws-endpoint-servlet?param=hello-world

Jason T. Greene