[jboss-dev] Reminder Commit & Testing Policy

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 17:27:20 EDT 2010

Cool idea, but you'd only be able to safely auto-commit IF the upstream
trunk hasn't updated since your last test run succeeded; else your test
results are invalidated and you have to start over again.  It'll work up to
a certain scale before we get to the point where changes come in more
frequently than test runs can finish.  At that point we will either have to
slow integration pace artificially, or move to the git distributed model
with subsystem maintainers so that we have an average log(n) pulls to trunk
rather than (n) (which introduces a different kind of scalability issue).

--
- DML ☍