[jboss-dev] OSGi removed from 'all' profile

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 08:10:31 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Rémy Maucherat
<remy.maucherat at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems you would have to write a deployer similar to the classic WAR
> deployer, and find a resource to do it (ie, not me). The current
> servlet container should now be more appropriate than Jetty in all
> cases, since it uses JBoss metadata (for Servlet & JSP), which means
> better integration.

Any comments ?

As far as I am concerned, there are 3 issues with OSGI as it is
proposed right now for AS:
- Speed
- Outdated Servlet 2.5 support (shipping that in 2010 is really a
disgrace, and makes it unusable); nothing we can really do about it,
though :(
- Uses a web component we cannot support

If at least the third item is not fixed by AS 6 GA, I think inclusion
in this release cycle should be reconsidered.

Rémy