[jboss-dev] AS Maven Integration Tests Was: Re: m4 is when?

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 16:57:01 EDT 2010

With regards to Maven-initiated integration tests for AS, I'm planning
on the following after EJB 3.1 Async is integrated fully.

We currently have a "embedded" module which holds a single integration
test.  Right now this is acting as a pre-cert smoke-tests before the AS
distribution is installed into the local repo.

What I'd like to do is refactor this out into a series of separate
classes, and group them into suites:

* Embedded Smoke Tests
* Embedded Integration Tests

In this way we can run the Smokes by default, and add a switch to run
the integration ones.  From there we'll be in good position to add more
integration tests however we see fit, and even port some as appropriate
from the current "testsuite" module if need be.

The executing workflow would be:

* Per suite, Arquillian starts an Embedded instance of AS
* Per test class, we deploy an archive of some type
* Each test in the class runs
* When class is done, archive is undeployed
* When suite is done, Arquillian brings down AS

S,
ALR