[jboss-dev] Do all the deployers scan the same service classes ?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:47:52 EDT 2010

> I'm wondering, does every JBossAS deployer does scan the endpoint ?

Endpoint, as in WS endpoint?
More likely you mean endpoind == deployment (which also includes subdeployments)?

> Or is there some shared deployer which scans an endpoints for all the annotations and creates some per-endpoint annotations pools, and then concrete deployers check the annotations pools only ?

Every deployer checks every depoyment (and subdeployment, ...).
But the idea is to short circuit asap if the deployment is not relevant to the deployer.

Here is my DZone article on VDF / deployers:
* http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-virtual-deployment-framework
Which should give you a quick overview of things.

More details on (annotation) scanning can be found here:
* http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-scanning