[jboss-dev] Do all the deployers scan the same service classes ?

Sergey Beryozkin sberyozk at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 10:25:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

> > I'm wondering, does every JBossAS deployer does scan the endpoint ?
>
> Endpoint, as in WS endpoint?
> More likely you mean endpoind == deployment (which also includes
> subdeployments)?

Sorry, my terminology was wrong. What happened was that I deployed a war into JBossHome/server/default/deploy
and it failed with the expected ClassNotFoundException (due to one of the dependencies required by that war still missing),
and I just got surprised the failure came from the RestEasy (possibly JBoss Integration related) code doing the annotations scanning

> > Or is there some shared deployer which scans an endpoints for all
> the annotations and creates some per-endpoint annotations pools, and
> then concrete deployers check the annotations pools only ?
>
> Every deployer checks every depoyment (and subdeployment, ...).
> But the idea is to short circuit asap if the deployment is not
> relevant to the deployer.
>
> Here is my DZone article on VDF / deployers:
> *
> http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-virtual-deployment-framework
> Which should give you a quick overview of things.
>
> More details on (annotation) scanning can be found here:
> * http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-scanning

Thanks - this is helpful

Sergey