[jboss-dev] Do all the deployers scan the same service classes ?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:58:36 EDT 2010

> You probably use JDK Introspection for performance?  Beyond possible CFE
> problems, this is probably also a big permgen memory consumption issue,
> especially with deployments with big third-party dependencies, no?

Yes.

I currently use what the Reflect is using,
so you don't do double work, but I guess that might not be the best thing.

> Wasn't somebody working on an optimized javassist-like approach?

We can switch Scanning to use different ReflectProvider:
* http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/scanning/trunk/scanning-impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/scanning/plugins/visitor/ReflectProvider.java
if that turns to be an issue.

This is where you switch it:
* http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/deployment/ResourceUtilSetupDeployer.java