[jboss-dev] Do all the deployers scan the same service classes ?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jul 16 11:29:26 EDT 2010

Ales Justin wrote:
>> I'm not sure if our scanning framework uses reflection or Javassist.  If
>> it uses reflection, I could see CFE errors happening.
>
> It uses JBoss Reflect.
> And currently Reflect uses JDK Introspection for reflection.
>
> If for some reason you would still need lazy class loading,
> you can easily switch Reflect to use Javassist.
> But this would have an impact on boot time,
> as Reflect Introspection impl is faster then Reflect Javassist impl.

You probably use JDK Introspection for performance?  Beyond possible CFE
problems, this is probably also a big permgen memory consumption issue,
especially with deployments with big third-party dependencies, no?
Wasn't somebody working on an optimized javassist-like approach?

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat