[jboss-dev] new scanning in AS trunk

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 16:01:38 EDT 2010

Following this commit (r105574), the tests in the
o.j.t.clustered.clusteredentity package started failing.[1] I brought an
AS checkout up to the commit before that (r105506) and they pass, but
with the r105574 commit they start failing.

The tests deploy ejb3 jars with persistence units included. The tests
are failing because the EJBs are not bound in JNDI. Looking at the logs
there are no obvious failures during the artifact deployments. But
there's no logging from any EJB3 deployers, just from Hibernate.

[1]
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-6.0.x-testSuite-sun16/739/testReport/org.jboss.test.cluster.defaultcfg.clusteredentity.test/

On 06/02/2010 08:26 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
> I've just updated the AS trunk with new Scanning lib.
> It also includes some other MC changes: Reflect, MDR, Kernel, CL, Deployers.
>
> Apart from AnnotationRepository (which was already there with the old code),
> I've also hacked around Hibernate's Scanner a bit, so it uses new scanning lib's ScannerImpl.
> (the hack is mostly in place due to some impl issues in Hibernate itself, Emmanuel is working on it)
>
> JSF can now use new JBossAnnotationProvider -- let me know how that goes Stan.
> And web can use ResourcesIndex from DeploymentUnit -- Remy.
>
> WeldScanningPlugin is currently commented out.
> We need to disable one of the deployers in plugin's favor.
> Pete, let me know when the new Weld release is coming in,
> and I'll enable the plugin + run a few tests.
>
> All in all, if you spot any issues / regressions wrt this change,
> let me know, and I'll try to fix the stuff asap.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss by Red Hat