[jboss-dev] new scanning in AS trunk

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 16:07:48 EDT 2010

The tests artifacts are jars that all have this structure:

META-INF/
++ MANIFEST.MF (w/ nothing interesting
++ persistence.xml
org/blah/...

where some of the classes are entities and some are annotated EJB3
session beans. No ejb-jar.xml or jboss.xml.

The testsuite/output/lib/clusteredentity-test.jar is a good example.

In some but not all tests the jar is packaged in an ear along with a
datasource.

There's no EJB3 deployer logging, so perhaps the scanning isn't picking
up the EJB annotations?

> Following this commit (r105574), the tests in the
> o.j.t.clustered.clusteredentity package started failing.[1] I brought an
> AS checkout up to the commit before that (r105506) and they pass, but
> with the r105574 commit they start failing.
>
> The tests deploy ejb3 jars with persistence units included. The tests
> are failing because the EJBs are not bound in JNDI. Looking at the logs
> there are no obvious failures during the artifact deployments. But
> there's no logging from any EJB3 deployers, just from Hibernate.
>
> [1]
> http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-6.0.x-testSuite-sun16/739/testReport/org.jboss.test.cluster.defaultcfg.clusteredentity.test/
>
> On 06/02/2010 08:26 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>> I've just updated the AS trunk with new Scanning lib.
>> It also includes some other MC changes: Reflect, MDR, Kernel, CL, Deployers.
>>
>> Apart from AnnotationRepository (which was already there with the old code),
>> I've also hacked around Hibernate's Scanner a bit, so it uses new scanning lib's ScannerImpl.
>> (the hack is mostly in place due to some impl issues in Hibernate itself, Emmanuel is working on it)
>>
>> JSF can now use new JBossAnnotationProvider -- let me know how that goes Stan.
>> And web can use ResourcesIndex from DeploymentUnit -- Remy.
>>
>> WeldScanningPlugin is currently commented out.
>> We need to disable one of the deployers in plugin's favor.
>> Pete, let me know when the new Weld release is coming in,
>> and I'll enable the plugin + run a few tests.
>>
>> All in all, if you spot any issues / regressions wrt this change,
>> let me know, and I'll try to fix the stuff asap.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss by Red Hat