[jboss-dev] AS trunk is broke

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 11:48:54 EDT 2010

Let's talk about this then.

It seems to me that this is exactly what snapshots are for.  Releases
are a pain.  Snapshots are quick and easy.  When you are doing
development and things are changing rapidly, use a snapshot.  When you
have something stable that's ready for an AS release, do a release.

What was the reason for making snapshots verboten?  I understand that we
can't have snapshots in a release, and we obviously can't use
third-party snapshots.  But using them for sub-modules is beneficial in
the development phase.  That's what snapshots are for, right?

If I had know this I probably would have done all the development in
trunk.  Maybe I should move it there?

Stan