[jboss-dev] AS trunk is broke

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 11:57:48 EDT 2010

One main reason: it makes test suite failures impossible to replicate
reliably.  Unless you create *versioned* snapshots (e.g. with a specific
version like -20100604 or something) then the same AS revision can yield
different results depending on what snapshot is out there at the moment.

If you use fixed versions, and something breaks, you can point to the diff
and say "this change cause it to break".  With a snapshot, it can work
initially and then break later, causing the wrong changes to be scrutinized.

- DML ☍