[jboss-dev] AS trunk is broke

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadi at redhat.com
Sun Jun 6 15:23:16 EDT 2010

Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote, On 06/04/2010 09:54 PM (EEST):
> I stand by it.  Just because there's no guard to prevent transitive
> unversioned SNAPSHOT deps.  I say "generally" because you can manually

Not a maven expert but it shouldn't be hard to write a plug-in to
validate there are no unversioned snapshot dependencies if it really
causes so much hassle. Perhaps fail the build if an artifact's version
ends with "SNAPSHOT".

Or perhaps it will be possible to have the plug-in look at an xml file
(in our case the component-matrix) and compare all dependencies defined
in that file to the project dependencies. In case there are project
dependencies not defined in the component-matrix (or with a different
version), the build should fail with a descriptive error message.

Not sure if it will be worth the effort though.