[jboss-dev] new scanning in AS trunk

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Tue Jun 8 09:08:57 EDT 2010

I have upgraded to jboss-aop 2.2.1.Alpha3 and jboss-classpool 1.0.0.Alpha6 along with updates to bootstrap/aop.xml + the classpath in Main.java.

https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8081
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8082
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8083

This should fix the following from https://jira.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12334744/jbas8060-test-regressions.txt
Test: org.jboss.test.aop.test.ScopedAnnotatedTestCase(aop-scoped)

2010-06-02 21:19:10,325 DEBUG [org.jboss.aop.asintegration.jboss5.AOPDeploymentAopMetaDataDeployer] (RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1) Finished deploying AbstractVFSDeploymentContext at 7879273{vfs:///work/TRUNK/trunk/testsuite/output/lib/aop-scoped-annotated.sar/aop-scoped-annotated.aop/}
2010-06-02 21:19:11,786 DEBUG [org.jboss.scanning.deployers.ScanningDeployer] (RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1) Error during deploy: vfs:///work/TRUNK/trunk/testsuite/output/lib/aop-scoped-annotated.sar/aop-scoped-annotated.aop/: java.lang.Error: Error visiting "/work/TRUNK/trunk/testsuite/output/lib/aop-scoped-annotated.sar/aop-scoped-annotated.aop/org/jboss/test/aop/jdk15annotated/NoInterfacesPOJO2.class"
        at org.jboss.classloading.plugins.vfs.VFSResourceVisitor.visit(VFSResourceVisitor.java:268) [jboss-classloading-vfs.jar:2.2.0.Alpha5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:407) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:409) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:409) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:409) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:409) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:409) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.vfs.VirtualFile.visit(VirtualFile.java:395) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.CR5]
        at org.jboss.classloading.plugins.vfs.VFSResourceVisitor.visit(VFSResourceVisitor.java:102) [jboss-classloading-vfs.jar:2.2.0.Alpha5]
        at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.classloader.VFSDeploymentClassLoaderPolicyModule.visit(VFSDeploymentClassLoaderPolicyModule.java:181) [:2.2.0.Alpha5]
        at org.jboss.scanning.plugins.DeploymentUnitScanner.scan(DeploymentUnitScanner.java:111) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.scanning.spi.helpers.UrlScanner.scan(UrlScanner.java:96) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.scanning.deployers.ScanningDeployer.deploy(ScanningDeployer.java:90) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:179) [:2.2.0.Alpha5]
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1832) [:2.2.0.Alpha5]
<snip>
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null type
        at org.jboss.scanning.plugins.visitor.IgnoreSetErrorHandler.handleError(IgnoreSetErrorHandler.java:57) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.scanning.plugins.visitor.ReflectResourceVisitor.visit(ReflectResourceVisitor.java:91) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.scanning.annotations.plugins.AnnotationsScanningPlugin.visit(AnnotationsScanningPlugin.java:89) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.scanning.spi.helpers.ScanningPluginWrapper.visit(ScanningPluginWrapper.java:112) [:1.0.0.Alpha2]
        at org.jboss.classloading.plugins.visitor.FederatedResourceVisitor.visit(FederatedResourceVisitor.java:101) [jboss-classloading.jar:2.2.0.Alpha5]
        at org.jboss.classloading.plugins.vfs.VFSResourceVisitor.visit(VFSResourceVisitor.java:264) [jboss-classloading-vfs.jar:2.2.0.Alpha5]