[jboss-rpm] JBoss AS submitted for review

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 05:51:43 EDT 2012

On 04/05/2012 11:43 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 04/05/2012 12:43 PM, Carlo de Wolf wrote:
>> Shouldn't it install its own user, instead of piggy backing on jboss-as?
>
> I assume it is an option if that user is in the jbossas group.
> but at least until today, we re-used the jboss service itself, rather
> than deploy another one.
> question is how easy it is to re-use the jbossas service code, but with
> another user.

While starting the service you need to provide new JBOSS_CONF value in
which file you can specify the user to use:

	https://github.com/fedora-jboss-as/jboss-as/blob/fedora17-7.1.0.Final/build/src/main/resources/bin/initscripts/jboss-as.conf

It's installed in /etc/sysconfig/jboss-as. You can have your own file,
like /etc/sysconfig/ovirt-engine or something.

Afterwards we need to pass other values like the -Djboss.base.dir and so
on. This is the part which needs tests.

--Marek