[jboss-rpm] Using RPM packaged JBoss AS in different location by different user

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Apr 15 07:20:34 EDT 2012

On 13/04/12 23:43, Marek Goldmann wrote:

>>> my question was actually if the original files are being updated via yum
>>> update, since now we'd be using copies.
>>>
>> I would expect ovirt-engine to install standalone.xml into
>> /var/lib/ovirt-engine/jboss-as/....
>> As it is an appliance, that makes use of JBoss AS, not something to be
>> re-configured by users.
>
> Yes, this is way better.
>
> --Marek

Generally speaking, this looks like a good idea.
Just some issues I stumbled upon;

1. What happens if you change the original JBoss conf' files?
Let's say you found a bug which made jboss-something.xml not to
be loaded due to XML error.
When people will update JBoss, they'll get a fix, but if
they duplicated the original file (copied, and not sym-linked),
they won't get a fix. How can they *know* about it?

2. SELinux- any issues on using external files (such as wrong
context, restorecon, etc)?

3. If you can provide a simple mklocaljboss script to create
the minimal needed files & folders for JBoss to run, that
will be awesome.

--

/d

"Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?"