[jboss-rpm] How to run EAP / AS 7 - EDG - RHEV-M / ovirt - SOA-P side-by-side on a rpm based platform?

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 04:31:51 EST 2012

I would like to come to a common packaging strategy for both RHEL &
Fedora for the whole AS 7 family and forward that as a recommendation to
Trevor.

Specifically the issue I want to address is installing and possibly
running AS 7 and ovirt side-by-side.

Subhendu and Julian put forward Jindrich's proposal of "Dynamic Software
Collections".

http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/scl-utils/dsc.pp.pdf

Would it make sense to use DSC as a base strategy?

Who sees any obstacles and possible solutions?

To kick off:
- interdepencies of DSCs are yet undefined, thus the whole multi-version
dependency management issue is only lifted to another level
- /opt is off-limits for Fedora. Can we use /usr/share instead?

Carlo